"I've had the recipe for this cake for years--it's a chocolate lover's delight!" writes Ann Purchase of Panama City, Florida. "It's so easy to make...and is perfect for cupcakes and bake sale treats, too. I get many requests for the recipe."
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) reduced-sugar cherry pie filling, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs and extract until well blended. Stir in one can of pie filling until blended. Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Top individual servings with remaining pie filling. Yield: 18 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Chocolate Cake in Light & Tasty February/March 2004, p5
Reviews for Cherry Chocolate Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review