Cherry Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) reduced-sugar cherry pie filling, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs and almond extract until well blended. Stir in one can of pie filling until blended. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Top individual servings with remaining pie filling. Yield: 18 servings.
Reviews for Cherry Chocolate Cake
Sort By :
"This cake was moist and yummy. It was quick and easy to make. The cake is good both with and without the cherries on the top. Will definitely make this again."
"I have made this cake many, many times and always have requests for the recipe so I print them up ahead of time. One substitute that makes it even better is to add 8 ounces of Cola, Dr. Pepper, or Root Beer instead of water."
"I baked this cake just as recipe read. It was wonderful and so easy. If you need a quick cake recipe try this one. It's really great."
"I would not make this recipe as is. One box of cake mix plus 3 eggs, and 1 t. extract = a bowl of clay. You have to add water or something. So, after I had my bowl of clay, I added the 1 C of water the cake mix called for. After getting everything mixed up, I was then able to add the cherry pie filling. Baked 10-15 minutes longer than the box called for.Not sure what I was supposed to use, but you definitely have to add more moisture to it than this calls for. I would make again the way I made it, but be prepared to be stumped as it is!"
"I have made this recipe many times. When serving I warm it up and put vanilla ice cream on it. YUUUUUM Every one loves it!"