Cherry Chocolate Bark Recipe
This recipe from my daughter caught my eye because it reminded me of a favorite candy bar of mine as a child. I love the fudge-like texture.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:17 servings
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 12 large marshmallows
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- Dash salt
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cherry extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1. Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with foil. Grease the foil with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, marshmallows, milk, salt and remaining butter. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla chips and extracts until smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
- 3. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in peanut butter and peanuts. Drop by tablespoonfuls over first layer; cut through with a knife to swirl. Chill until firm.
- 4. Using foil, lift candy out of pan. Discard foil. Break candy into pieces. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 2 pounds.
1 serving (2 ounces) equals 316 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 114 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC