Cherry-Chipotle Pork Medallions Recipe
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound), cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed and halved
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Thinly sliced green onions, optional
- 1. Flatten pork slices to 1/2-in. thickness. Combine the sugar, salt and cinnamon; sprinkle over meat. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook pork in oil in batches until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Add the cherries, orange juice, almonds, marmalade, vinegar, chipotle peppers and garlic to the skillet. Return pork to the pan; heat through. Garnish with onions if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 323 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 385mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 5 lean meat, 1/2 fruit, 1 fat
Reviews for Cherry-Chipotle Pork Medallions
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.