Cherry Chip Scones Recipe
These buttery scones, dotted with dried cherries and vanilla chips, are so sweet and flaky that I even serve them for dessert. -Pamela Brooks, South Berwick, Maine
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup (8 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk, divided
- 1-1/3 cups dried cherries
- 2/3 cup white baking chips
- Coarse sugar, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine yogurt and 1/4 cup milk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Knead in cherries and chips.
On a greased baking sheet, pat dough into a 9-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges; separate wedges. Brush with remaining milk. If desired, sprinkle with sugar. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled scones in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, thaw at room temperature or, if desired, microwave each scone on high for 20-30 seconds or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 543 calories, 23 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 410 mg sodium, 77 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Chip Scones
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC