Sally Hook MONTGOMERY, TEXAS You can make these marvelous ice cream treats days ahead. Just wrap and freeze! My kids created them one afternoon after I made the ice cream.
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Dash salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chopped dried cherries
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 10 whole chocolate graham crackers
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir milk, sugar and salt until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in cream and vanilla. Transfer to a bowl; refrigerate until chilled.
- Line a 13x9-in. pan with waxed paper; set aside. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer with milk mixture; freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. Stir in cherries and chocolate chips. Spread into prepared pan; cover and freeze overnight.
- Cut or break graham crackers in half. Using waxed paper, lift ice cream out of pan; discard waxed paper. Cut ice cream into squares the same size as the graham cracker halves; place ice cream between cracker halves. Wrap sandwiches in plastic wrap; freeze on a baking sheet until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Cherry-Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches in Country Extra July 2008, p49
Reviews for Cherry-Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review