- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granola without raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped red candied cherries
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the remaining ingredients.
- Pour into two greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 mini loaves (5 slices each).
Originally published as Cherry Chip Granola Bread in Best of Country Breads 2000, p32
Reviews for Cherry Chip Granola Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review