Cherry Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cherry baking chips
- Additional sugar
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolk and almond extract; mix well. Combine the flour, cornflakes and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips. Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Coat bottom of glass with cooking spray, then dip in sugar. Flatten cookies with prepared glass, redipping in sugar as needed. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown around the edges. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
2 each: 192 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (10g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Cherry Chip Cookies
"A great source for cherry chips is Gygi.com They have mini chips in a 2 lb. bag very reasonable."
"These cookies are great... I have to make them every Christmas now for my sisten-in-law... we love them..."
"Anyone know a good place to get cherry chips? I have searched all the grocery stores in my area."