Cherry Chip Cookies Recipe
—Joan-Marie Gerth, Henderson, Nevada
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:24 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cherry baking chips
- Additional sugar
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolk and almond extract; mix well. Combine the flour, cornflakes and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips. Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Coat bottom of glass with cooking spray, then dip in sugar. Flatten cookies with prepared glass, redipping in sugar as needed. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown around the edges. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 192 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 130 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC