- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cherry baking chips
- Additional sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolk and almond extract; mix well. Combine the flour, cornflakes and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips. Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Coat bottom of glass with cooking spray, then dip in sugar. Flatten cookies with prepared glass, redipping in sugar as needed. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown around the edges. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Cherry Chip Cookies in Country Extra July 2001, p36
Reviews for Cherry Chip Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 26, 2014
"These cookies are great... I have to make them every Christmas now for my sisten-in-law... we love them..."
Reviewed May. 14, 2009
"Anyone know a good place to get cherry chips? I have searched all the grocery stores in my area."