Cherry Chiffon Gelatin Recipe
“I’ve made this recipe so often, I can hardly read the card any longer. It’s a beautiful salad or dessert...but beware. Once you've made this, they’ll ask for it again and again!” —Michelle Smith, Sykesville, Maryland
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cherry gelatin, divided
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water, divided
- 2 cups cold water, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) pitted dark sweet cherries, drained
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve 1 package of gelatin in 3/4 cup boiling water. Add 1 cup cold water; stir. Refrigerate until partially set, about 1 hour. Stir in cherries. Pour into a 7-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- 2. In a small bowl, dissolve remaining gelatin in remaining boiling water. Stir in remaining cold water. Refrigerate until partially set, about 1 hour. Fold in whipped topping. Carefully spread over top. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. Unmold onto a serving platter. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice equals 163 calories, 3 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC