Cherry-Chicken Salad Croissants
“I love cherries and happened to come across this recipe one day. It’s a real hit with my family, and a friend’s husband even took it to work to share with the office staff.”
— Martha Goodrich, Wilmington, Delaware
7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2/3 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped tart apple
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 7 croissants, split
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cherries, celery, apple and
- pecans. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, buttermilk, salt
- and pepper; add to chicken mixture and mix well. Spoon 1/2 cup
- chicken salad onto each croissant. Yield: 7 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 481 calories, 30 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 710 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.