I came up with this amazing recipe when I had a load of cherries on hand. My family polished them off fast, and asked for more. Luckily I had enough fruit to make them again the next day! —Melissa Barlow, Fruit Heights, Utah
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1-1/4 cups coarsely chopped pitted fresh sweet cherries
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 8 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- Sprinkle chicken with ginger, salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Remove from heat. Stir in carrots, cherries, green onions and almonds. In a small bowl, mix vinegar, teriyaki sauce and honey; stir into chicken mixture. Divide among lettuce leaves; fold lettuce over filling. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cherry-Chicken Lettuce Wraps in Simple & Delicious June/July 2014
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cherry-Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review