Cherry Cheesecake Tarts
If your children or grandchildren are looking for a perfect gift to give their teachers, these may be the answer.
Dress up each tart with a paper doily, place on a colorful plastic or paper plate and cover with clear wrap. Secure with a festive bow or a gift card and tag. And don't forget to include the recipe for the tart. When I gave this as a gift to each of the secretaries at the high scho
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen puff pastry shells
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Bake pastry shells according to package directions.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and extract. With a fork,
- carefully remove the circular top of each baked shell and set aside.
- Remove any soft layers of pastry inside shells and discard.
- Spoon the cream cheese filling into shells; place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 5 minutes. Cool for 1 hour. Refrigerate until
- Just before serving, spoon pie filling into shells. Top with reserved
- pastry circles. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate
- leftovers. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 416 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 196 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.