Cherry Cheesecake Sundaes
Sundae options include substituting another pie filling—such as blueberry—for the cherry. Nuts, sprinkles and graham cracker crumbs could also be dusted across the top if you'd like.—Hope Meece, Ambia, Indiana
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- 2 teaspoons almond extract, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Vanilla ice cream
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a small bowl, combine pie filling and 1 teaspoon extract; set
- aside. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, milk and remaining
- extract. Spoon ice cream into four dessert dishes; top with cream
- cheese and cherry mixtures. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 193 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.