Cherry Cheesecake Pie Recipe
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 1 can (20 ounces) reduced-sugar cherry pie filling
- 1. In a food processor, combine the first seven ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Pour into the crust. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until the center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- 2. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Cut into slices; top with cherry pie filling. Yield: 8 servings.
One piece equals 225 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 241 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat-free milk, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Cherry Cheesecake Pie
"For heaven's sake, if you haven't made it or tasted it, please don't rate and review it!"
"does the ingredients have to be low-fat?"
"3 packets of sweet and low equals 1/4 cup of regular sugar."
"I actually have not made this recipe, but I will because it uses cottage cheese and a cheesecake I made many years ago used cottage cheese. But I have neve liked graham cracker crust, so I would not use any crust. I have never understood why a cheese CAKE would have a crust, as cakes don't have a crust, Pies do. I'm glad to see this recipe does call it a cheesecake Pie."
"I would assume that the amount of regular sugar would be 1/4 cup, since that was what they want to substitute to be an equivalent of, if that makes sense. :) Hope that helps."
"I fudged on the rating and making this recipe again as I haven't tried it, however, it looks so good I'm sure it will be five stars and well-worth making. I don't use sugar substitutes...does anyone know the equivalent amount of real sugar to use? Thank you"
"Its a great make ahead dessert, since it has to be refridgerated overnight. Thick and creamy, I like to top it with fresh fruit and give it a dusting of powdered sugar."
"I am diabetic and leave of the topping. Plain cheesecake with low fat whipped topping is good."