Cherry Cheesecake Pie Recipe
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 1 can (20 ounces) reduced-sugar cherry pie filling
- 1. In a food processor, combine the first seven ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Pour into the crust. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until the center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- 2. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Cut into slices; top with cherry pie filling. Yield: 8 servings.
One piece equals 225 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 241 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat-free milk, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.