Cottage cheese is the secret to this creamy slimmed-down dessert submitted by Sandra Lee Herr of Stevens, Pennsylvania. It's festively topped with sweet cherry pie filling.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 1 can (20 ounces) reduced-sugar cherry pie filling
- In a food processor, combine the first seven ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Pour into the crust. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until the center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. Cut into slices; top with cherry pie filling. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Cheesecake Pie in Light & Tasty December/January 2003, p47
Reviews for Cherry Cheesecake Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review