Cherry Cheesecake Mousse
“What’s great about this recipe is that it is not only perfect for the Christmas season, but also nice all year-round,” notes Christine Schmidt of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. “I freeze fresh cherries in season to have on hand.“
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 pound fresh or frozen pitted sweet cherries
- 1-1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place the cherries in a food processor or blender; cover and process
- until chopped. Transfer to a saucepan; stir in the gelatin. Let
- stand for 1 minute. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cook and stir for
- 1 minute or until gelatin is dissolved. Transfer to a bowl.
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the
- confectioners' sugar, chocolate and vanilla until combined. Fold in
- cherry mixture. In another bowl, beat whipping cream until soft
- peaks form. Fold into the cherry cream mixture. Pour into dessert
- dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Yield: 10
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 236 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.