“What’s great about this recipe is that it is not only perfect for the Christmas season, but also nice all year-round,” notes Christine Schmidt of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. “I freeze fresh cherries in season to have on hand.“
- 1 pound fresh or frozen pitted sweet cherries
- 1-1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place the cherries in a food processor or blender; cover and process until chopped. Transfer to a saucepan; stir in the gelatin. Let stand for 1 minute. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until gelatin is dissolved. Transfer to a bowl. Refrigerate for 45 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the confectioners' sugar, chocolate and vanilla until combined. Fold in cherry mixture. In another bowl, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Fold into the cherry cream mixture. Pour into dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Cheesecake Mousse in Taste of Home December/January 2006, p20
Reviews for Cherry Cheesecake Mousse
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review