Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups half-and-half cream
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups granola without raisins
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, lemon juice and vanilla. Add milk and mix well; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, heat the half-and-half to 175°; whisk a small amount into eggs. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Stir in the whipping cream; beat into cream cheese mixture (mixture will be thin).
- 3. Divide the granola between two greased 13-in. x 9-in. dishes. Top with cream mixture and pie filling. Cover and freeze overnight. Yield: 3-1/2 quarts.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 415 calories, 26 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 155 mg cholesterol, 136 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.