Cherry Cheesecake Dessert Recipe
My mother often made this lovely fruit-topped cheese-cake. Now our grown sons consider it my "signature dessert". Sometimes, I bake and freeze the cheesecake ahead. On the day I serve it, I thaw it, then add the fruit. -Christine Eilerts Tulsa, Oklahoma
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1. In small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press into a greased 8-in. square baking dish; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until almost set. Cool for 1 hour on a wire rack. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Spoon pie filling over top. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 377 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 268 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC