My mother often made this lovely fruit-topped cheese-cake. Now our grown sons consider it my "signature dessert". Sometimes, I bake and freeze the cheesecake ahead. On the day I serve it, I thaw it, then add the fruit. -Christine Eilerts Tulsa, Oklahoma
Recommended: 78 Christmas Potluck Desserts for 12 or More
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press into a greased 8-in. square baking dish; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until almost set. Cool for 1 hour on a wire rack. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Spoon pie filling over top. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Cheesecake Dessert in Taste of Home December/January 2004, p33
Reviews for Cherry Cheesecake Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2013
"This is my favorite cheesecake recipe. Freezes well, so it's easy to make ahead."
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2008
"I have made this often. We think it is the best cheesecake and very easy to make."