Cherry Cheesecake Dessert Recipe
My mother often made this lovely fruit-topped cheese-cake. Now our grown sons consider it my "signature dessert". Sometimes, I bake and freeze the cheesecake ahead. On the day I serve it, I thaw it, then add the fruit. -Christine Eilerts Tulsa, Oklahoma
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press into a greased 8-in. square baking dish; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until almost set. Cool for 1 hour on a wire rack. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Spoon pie filling over top. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Cheesecake Dessert in Taste of Home December/January 2004, p33
Reviews for Cherry Cheesecake Dessert(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2013
This is my favorite cheesecake recipe. Freezes well, so it's easy to make ahead.
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2008
I have made this often. We think it is the best cheesecake and very easy to make.
Reviewed Dec. 15, 2007
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >