Cherry Cheese Torte
We always feel special when Mom brings out this delightful dessert, whether it's for a Sunday dinner or a holiday meal. You can't help but impress people when you set this lovely torte in front of them.
-Lisa Radelet, Boulder, Colorado
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry or blueberry pie filling
- Place a layer of ladyfingers on the bottom and around the sides of an
- ungreased 9-in. springform pan. In a large bowl, beat the cream
- cheese, 1 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla until smooth. Beat in
- lemon juice and peel.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add remaining
- sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into cream
- cheese mixture. Spread half over crust.
- Arrange remaining ladyfingers in a spoke pattern over top. Evenly
- spread with the remaining cream cheese mixture. Top with pie
- filling. Refrigerate overnight. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 353 calories, 22 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.