Cherry Cheese Torte Recipe
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry or blueberry pie filling
- 1. Place a layer of ladyfingers on the bottom and around the sides of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla until smooth. Beat in lemon juice and peel.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add remaining sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into cream cheese mixture. Spread half over crust.
- 3. Arrange remaining ladyfingers in a spoke pattern over top. Evenly spread with the remaining cream cheese mixture. Top with pie filling. Refrigerate overnight. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 353 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (33g sugars, trace fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Cherry Cheese Torte
"I have been making this for years now, since I first seen it. I have changed it up some over the years. I now make it with a graham cracker crust versus the Lady finger (Up here it is hard to find them), in a 9x13 inch pan.Whenever I make it, there are smiles all around. No one has not fallen in love with this. Remember to double the graham cracker recipe (most are for a 9" cake pan)."
"This is so refreshing after a large meal. I have made it 3 times and we all love just like it is!"
"One of our favorites for Christmas!"
"A fabulous desert!"