Cherry Cheese Torte Recipe
We always feel special when Mom brings out this delightful dessert, whether it's for a Sunday dinner or a holiday meal. You can't help but impress people when you set this lovely torte in front of them. -Lisa Radelet, Boulder, Colorado
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry or blueberry pie filling
- Place a layer of ladyfingers on the bottom and around the sides of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla until smooth. Beat in lemon juice and peel.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add remaining sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into cream cheese mixture. Spread half over crust.
- Arrange remaining ladyfingers in a spoke pattern over top. Evenly spread with the remaining cream cheese mixture. Top with pie filling. Refrigerate overnight. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Cheese Torte in Taste of Home October/November 2002, p37
Reviews for Cherry Cheese Torte(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Cake Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cherry Cake >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >