- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about
- 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about
- 1 hour.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and extract
- until smooth. Punch dough down and turn onto a lightly floured
- surface. Roll into a 14x7-in. rectangle. Spread cream cheese mixture
- evenly to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with cherries and
- almonds. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch
- seam to seal.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place seam side down on a greased baking
- sheet; pinch ends together to form a ring. With scissors, cut from
- outside edge to two-thirds of the way toward center of ring at 1-in.
- intervals. Separate strips slightly; twist to allow filling to show.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pan to a
- wire rack to cool. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm tea
- ring. Yield: 1 ring (12 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 375 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 196 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.