Cherry Cheese Pizza Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3 to 4 tablespoons water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen pitted tart cherries or 1 can (15 ounces) tart cherries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon red food coloring
- Whipped cream and fresh mint, optional
- In a large bowl, combine flour and baking powder; cut in butter and shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- Roll out into a 14-in. circle. Place on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Flute edges to form a rim; prick bottom of crust. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in nuts. Spread over crust. Bake 10 minutes longer. Cool. Drain cherries, reserving 1/3 cup juice. Set cherries and juice aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in reserved juice until smooth. Add cherries. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes longer
- Remove from the heat; stir in butter, extract and food coloring. Cool to room temperature; spread over cream cheese layer. Top with whipped cream and mint if desired. Yield: 10-12 slices.
Reviews for Cherry Cheese Pizza
Sort By :
I've made this many times and everyone loves it. I have to use cherry pie filing since we don't have the other in Costa Rica. I leave off the whipped cream until just before serving.
This is so so good. I topped it with fresh strawberries once and another time, cherry pie filling because I was too lazy to make the filling the way the recipe said to. (It could be topped with just about any berry or berry pie filling and be good.)
I could easily eat this all by myself :)