Cherry Cheese Pie
My mom is known for her scrumptious desserts. This easy-to-make pie is one she has served often. It's one of my favorite desserts anytime of year. I love the combination of cream cheese and cherry pie filling.
-Cindy Kufeldt, Orlando, Florida
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Add butter; stir
- until combined. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in.
- pie plate. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly
- browned. Pour pie filling into crust.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla until
- smooth. Carefully spread around outside edges of pie, leaving a
- 3-in. circle of cherries exposed in the center.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on a wire
- rack. Refrigerate for several hours before serving. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 338 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 237 mg sodium,