Cherry Cheese Delight
"You couldn't ask for anything more than a nutty crust topped with a smooth cream cheese mixture and sweet cherries," assures Kathy Branch of West Palm Beach, Florida. Since this dessert is made the night before, you don't have to worry about last-minute fuss.
12-15 ServingsPrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, pecans and brown sugar. Stir in
- butter until crumbly. Lightly pat into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking dish. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until golden
- brown. Cool completely.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners'
- sugar and vanilla until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Carefully
- spread filling over crust. Top with pie filling. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 344 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.