Cherry Cheese Delight Recipe
"You couldn't ask for anything more than a nutty crust topped with a smooth cream cheese mixture and sweet cherries," assures Kathy Branch of West Palm Beach, Florida. Since this dessert is made the night before, you don't have to worry about last-minute fuss.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, pecans and brown sugar. Stir in butter until crumbly. Lightly pat into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- 2. For filling, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Carefully spread filling over crust. Top with pie filling. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 344 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC