Here is a quick Sunday breakfast I like to whip up before going to church. I created it when trying to duplicate a favorite Danish from the bakery where I worked. We like to prepared with apple pie filling, too. -Melanie Schrock Monterey, Tennessee
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup vanilla frosting
- Separate crescent dough into four rectangles. Place on an ungreased baking sheet; seal perforations. Spread 1 tablespoon cream cheese onto each rectangle. Top each with 1/4 cup cherry pie filling.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Place frosting in a small microwave-safe bowl; heat on high for 15-20 seconds. Drizzle over warm pastries. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Cheese Danish in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p30
Reviews for Cherry Cheese Danish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2014
"another great recipe"
Reviewed Feb. 11, 2013
"This was very good and easy to throw together. Reminds me of my favorite Entenmann's danish!"
Reviewed May. 4, 2009
"Looks great and easy! I can't wait to make it for my family!!"