Cherry Cheese Danish
Here is a quick Sunday breakfast I like to whip up before going to church. I created it when trying to duplicate a favorite Danish from the bakery where I worked. We like to prepared with apple pie filling, too.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 tablespoons PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup vanilla frosting
- Separate crescent dough into four rectangles. Place on an ungreased
- baking sheet; seal perforations. Spread 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- onto each rectangle. Top each with 1/4 cup cherry pie filling.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Place frosting in a small microwave-safe bowl; heat on high for 15-20
- seconds. Drizzle over warm pastries. Serve warm. Refrigerate
- leftovers. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 square) equals 499 calories, 23 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 570 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.