- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups cherry pie filling
- Mint leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Spoon into foil-lined muffin cups. Bake at 300° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and the remaining sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spoon onto cupcakes. Return to the oven for 6-8 minutes or until set. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Top with pie filling; garnish with mint if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Cherry Cheese Cupcakes
Sort By :
"I thought the recipe was good just the way it was"
"I've made similar before,with the Nilla Waffer bottoms, but always in mini size. This recipe doesn't say what size, It just says foil lined muffin cups. Anybody have a clue?"
"Your not doing anything wrong, they are supposed to sink in the middle."
"My foil muffin package says don't use in a muffin pan is anyone else? I am a good cook but not a great baker. My cakes started to sink in the middle a little-I took them out as soon as the tooth pick came out clean. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?"
"Can these be frozen with or without the cherry topping?"