- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract, divided
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups cherry pie filling
- Mint leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Spoon into foil-lined muffin cups. Bake at 300° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and the remaining sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spoon onto cupcakes. Return to the oven for 6-8 minutes or until set. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Top with pie filling; garnish with mint if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Cherry Cheese Cupcakes
Sort By :
"Your not doing anything wrong, they are supposed to sink in the middle."
"My foil muffin package says don't use in a muffin pan is anyone else? I am a good cook but not a great baker. My cakes started to sink in the middle a little-I took them out as soon as the tooth pick came out clean. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?"
"Can these be frozen with or without the cherry topping?"
"cakelover,I had thought of the nilla wafer bottom also,but that would kind of take away from the "cupcake " aspect and make it more of a "cake" sort of thing.It really works great just the way it is."
"How do you think putting a nilla wafer in the bottom for a "crust" would work out?"