Cherry Cheese Cupcakes Recipe
Our church Christmas party always includes these pretty cupcakes as my home-baked contribution. The holidays were the sweet inspiration for their cheery garnish of cherries. —Leanne Beagley, Rochester, New York
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups cherry pie filling
- Mint leaves, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Spoon into foil-lined muffin cups. Bake at 300° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and the remaining sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spoon onto cupcakes. Return to the oven for 6-8 minutes or until set. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. Top with pie filling; garnish with mint if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 cupcake equals 202 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Cheese Cupcakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC