This dessert is simple to make but looks so beautiful on the buffet. I appreciate easy recipes like this that have impressive results. Since it makes two pans, everyone can save room for a creamy, fruity piece or two. -Marilyn Hillam, Brigham City, Utah
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy; fold in the whipped cream. Spread over each cake. Top with pie filling. Chill 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 24-30 servings.
Originally published as Cherry-Cheese Cake in Taste of Home December/January 1996, p37
Reviews for Cherry-Cheese Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 1, 2013
"I have made this for years. I use fresh strawberries and/or blueberries."
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2012
"My husband will eat a whole pan of this by himself. He is not willing to share with anyone."
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2011
"the best chhese cake ever!!"
Reviewed Dec. 24, 2010
"easy to make and tastes great!"