Cherry Cannoli Cups Recipe
Here’s a sweet taste of Italy without a lot of fuss. The cute little cups, filled with a rich cherry-cheese filling, are easy to assemble using wonton wrappers. —Marie Sheppard, Chicago, Illinois
- 48 wonton wrappers
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups chopped hazelnuts, divided
- 1 carton (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut liqueur, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 jars (one 16 ounces, one 10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- 1. Place wonton wrappers on a work surface; brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with sugar. Press into greased miniature muffin cups. Sprinkle each wonton cup with 1 teaspoon hazelnuts.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the ricotta, cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, liqueur if desired and vanilla until smooth. Cut 24 cherries in half and set aside. Chop remaining cherries; fold into cheese mixture.
- 4. Spoon 1 tablespoon filling into each wonton cup. Sprinkle with remaining hazelnuts. Top with a reserved cherry half. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cannoli cup equals 109 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC