- 48 wonton wrappers
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups chopped hazelnuts, divided
- 1 carton (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut liqueur, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 jars (one 16 ounces, one 10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- Place wonton wrappers on a work surface; brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with sugar. Press into greased miniature muffin cups. Sprinkle each wonton cup with 1 teaspoon hazelnuts.
- Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat the ricotta, cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, liqueur if desired and vanilla until smooth. Cut 24 cherries in half and set aside. Chop remaining cherries; fold into cheese mixture.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon filling into each wonton cup. Sprinkle with remaining hazelnuts. Top with a reserved cherry half. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Cherry Cannoli Cups in Diabetes Spring 2013 2013
Reviews for Cherry Cannoli Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Hazelnut Recipes >
- Italian Desserts >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Carb Desserts >