Cherry Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, pie filling and eggs until blended. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter; sprinkle over batter. Top with nuts.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 266 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Cake
"This easy cake with this topping is more like a coffe cake, or a cake you could serve for a brunch. It was very good. I may try it with one of the cherry frostings from BC, or DH next time. Hubby liked it too."
"Quick and easy"
"I made this with white cake mix also, and it met with rave reviews. Highly recommended. Going to try it with different pie filling."