Cherry Cake Recipe
This pretty pink cake is great for holidays or a little girl's birthday party.—Amy Kraemer, Hutchinson, Minnesota
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, pie filling and eggs until blended. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter; sprinkle over batter. Top with nuts.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 266 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC