- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, pie filling and eggs until blended. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter; sprinkle over batter. Top with nuts.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Cherry Cake
Sort By :
This easy cake with this topping is more like a coffe cake, or a cake you could serve for a brunch. It was very good. I may try it with one of the cherry frostings from BC, or DH next time. Hubby liked it too.
Quick and easy
I made this with white cake mix also, and it met with rave reviews. Highly recommended. Going to try it with different pie filling.