Draped in a light vinaigrette and sprinkled with almonds, this pretty salad is a variation of a recipe that's been passed around at school and church functions and even birthday parties. Everyone wants the recipe. -Toni Borden, Wellington, Florida
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie or Camembert cheese, rind removed and cubed
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried cherries
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients; set aside.
- For salad, in a heavy skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add almonds and cook and stir until nuts are toasted, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar; cook and stir until sugar is melted, about 3 minutes. Spread on foil to cool; break apart.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, cheese and cherries. Whisk dressing; drizzle over salad. Sprinkle with sugared almonds and toss to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Brie Tossed Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2003, p27
Reviews for Cherry Brie Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review