Cherry Brandy Old-Fashioned
This old-fashioned recipe features brandy instead of whiskey. The addition of maraschino cherry juice makes it a little sweeter.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1 maraschino cherry
- 1 teaspoon bitters
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/3 cup ice cubes
- 1/3 cup ginger ale, chilled
- 1-1/2 ounces brandy
- 1/2 to 1 ounce maraschino cherry juice
- Maraschino cherry with a stem, optional
- In a rocks glass, muddle the cherry, bitters and ginger. Add ice.
- Pour in the ginger ale, brandy and cherry juice. Garnish with a
- cherry if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without optional garnish) equals 185 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.