This old-fashioned recipe features brandy instead of whiskey. The addition of maraschino cherry juice makes it a little sweeter.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 maraschino cherry
- 1 teaspoon bitters
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/3 cup ice cubes
- 1/3 cup ginger ale, chilled
- 1-1/2 ounces brandy
- 1/2 to 1 ounce maraschino cherry juice
- Maraschino cherry with a stem, optional
- In a rocks glass, muddle the cherry, bitters and ginger. Add ice. Pour in the ginger ale, brandy and cherry juice. Garnish with a cherry if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Cherry Brandy Old-Fashioned in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p33
Reviews for Cherry Brandy Old-Fashioned
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 4, 2011
"This is delicious. I've made this drink several times, but I enjoy the flavors of maraschino and ginger. Recommend giving it a try!"