This old-fashioned recipe features brandy instead of whiskey. The addition of maraschino cherry juice makes it a little sweeter.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 maraschino cherry
- 1 teaspoon bitters
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/3 cup ice cubes
- 1/3 cup ginger ale, chilled
- 1-1/2 ounces brandy
- 1/2 to 1 ounce maraschino cherry juice
- Maraschino cherry with a stem, optional
- In a rocks glass, muddle the cherry, bitters and ginger. Add ice. Pour in the ginger ale, brandy and cherry juice. Garnish with a cherry if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Cherry Brandy Old-Fashioned in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p33
Reviews for Cherry Brandy Old-Fashioned
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 4, 2011
"This is delicious. I've made this drink several times, but I enjoy the flavors of maraschino and ginger. Recommend giving it a try!"