Cherry-Brandy Baked Brie
No one will believe this impressive appetizer is so easy to make. You can substitute dried cranberries or apricots for the cherries and apple juice for the brandy. —Kevin Phebus, Katy, Texas
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup brandy or unsweetened apple juice
- French bread baguette, sliced and toasted or assorted crackers
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place cheese in a 9-in. pie plate. Combine
- cherries, walnuts, brown sugar and brandy; spoon over cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until cheese is softened. Serve with baguette.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without baguette) equals 210 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 182 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer