This is a very old recipe from my grandma. The sweet cherry filling surprises folks trying them for the first time. —Pat Habiger, Spearville, Kansas
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 24 maraschino cherries
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add milk and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Divide dough into 24 portions; shape each portion around a cherry, forming a ball. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For glaze, combine sugar, butter and cherry juice until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Cherry Bonbon Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p108
Reviews for Cherry Bonbon Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review