- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 24 maraschino cherries
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add milk and vanilla. Combine the flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Divide dough into 24 portions; shape each portion around a cherry, forming a ball. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For glaze, combine the sugar, butter and cherry juice until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Cherry Bonbon Cookies
Sort By :
Great taste. Easy to make. At first my dough was crumbly, but I'm never terribly exact measuring flour or powdered sugar. I added about a teaspoon of water and that made the dough stick together.
These were great, but I did change them up a bit. I only used 1/2 cup of confectioners' sugar in the dough, and added a few drops of red food coloring to tint the dough pink. I also added 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract. I was worried that these cookies wouldn't travel well with the frosting so I rolled them in additional confectioners' sugar.
those who had trouble with crumbling maybe did not measure exactly, maybe too much flour. thought they were great.
Did not have a problem with the dough being too dry & not holding together at all! I made the icing & put into a plunger type decorating tube, so that it would come out like the picture. Ended up with about double the icing I would have needed. Other than that, they are REALLY good.