You'll win praise for these clever treats from Linda Triplett of Renton, Washington. “Serve them for a special occasion with a knife and dessert spoon,” Linda suggests.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream, softened if necessary
- 2 chocolate-covered cherries
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 1/3 cup chocolate hard-shell ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- Line two muffin cups with plastic wrap. Divide ice cream between
- cups. Press a chocolate-covered cherry into each; smooth ice cream
- over cherries. Freeze overnight or until firm.
- Invert ice cream onto a waxed paper-lined plate; remove and discard
- plastic wrap. Spread jam over ice cream; freeze until firm.
- Place a wire rack over a sheet of waxed paper. Using a fork, transfer
- ice cream to rack. Pour ice cream topping over each to coat.
- Transfer to dessert plates; freeze until serving. Serve with whipped
- cream and chocolate syrup. Yield: 2 servings.