- 2 cups pitted sweet cherries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pastry for a double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, gently combine cherries and blueberries. In a small bowl, mix sugar, flour and nutmeg; stir into fruit. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°. On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of the dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate. Add filling; dot with butter.
- Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; cut into 1/2-in.-wide strips. Arrange over filling in a lattice pattern. Trim and seal strips to edge of bottom pastry; flute edge. Sprinkle with additional sugar. Cover edge loosely with foil.
- Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 350°. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cherry Blueberry Pie
"Found this and LOVE it!New favorite"
"Another great recipe. Made according to directions, with one exception I added a little salt. The pie was exceptionally good ."
"Oh My!!! This pie is amazing!!! Made it last night and used sour cherries instead, increased the sugar just a little bit. Served it warm with homemade vanilla ice cream....SO GOOD!!!"
"This is one of my family's favorite pies!"
"This pie is so easy to make I don't need the recipe card anymore. I use frozen blueberries and canned cherries in the winter and it tastes just as good. Everyone loves it especially my husband. Thank you!"