- 2 cups pitted sweet cherries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pastry for a double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, gently combine cherries and blueberries. In a small bowl, mix sugar, flour and nutmeg; stir into fruit. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°. On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of the dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate. Add filling; dot with butter.
- Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; cut into 1/2-in.-wide strips. Arrange over filling in a lattice pattern. Trim and seal strips to edge of bottom pastry; flute edge. Sprinkle with additional sugar. Cover edge loosely with foil.
- Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 350°. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cherry Blueberry Pie
Sort By :
"I added a bit of cajun seasoning with it. A batch of fresh buttermilk biscuits, now that is cooking!"
"I forgot to say in my 1st review that I put the coating mixture in 2 separate bags as it tends to get a little "gloppy" after the first 5 pieces. I put the coated chicken on a wire rack set over a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil. When it has finished cooking, I put it on a clean wire rack over clean foil as it drains the grease off better than paper towels."
"I've made this recipe twice (I don't fry chicken very often) and my husband goes wild over it. I use a deep heavy skillet and cover it, with the lid ajar, for the first 5 minutes; then uncover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes longer. I also season the buttermilk with salt & pepper."
"We enjoyed this delicious fried chicken, and I will definitely make it again. Thanks!"
"This is a fantastic recipie. in addition to seasoning the coating for the chicken, i also seasoned the individual pieces of chicken prior to soaking the pieces in buttermilk overnight. If you like your chicken flavorful i would recommend seasoning the chicken as well."