Cherry Blossom Muffins
Just because you have to curtail cholesterol doesn't mean you can't munch on a muffin! These moist muffins are bursting with pecans and cherry filling.
9 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sugar-free cherry fruit spread
- In a bowl, combine egg substitute, orange juice, sugar and oil. Add
- baking mix; stir for 30 seconds. Fold in pecans. Coat muffin cups
- with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill cups one-third full.
- Top each with 2 teaspoons fruit spread; cover with the remaining
- batter. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test
- done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield:
- 9 muffins.
Nutritional Facts: One muffin equals 241 calories, 10 g fat (0 saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 330 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat.