Cherry Blossom Cookie Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cherry or vanilla extract
- 5 to 10 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup candied cherry halves
- Pink or red sprinkles, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, milk, extracts and food coloring if desired. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- 2. Roll dough into 1-1/4-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. With floured kitchen scissors, snip the top of each ball in half, cutting three-fourths of the way through. Cut each half into thirds; carefully spread the wedges apart, forming flower petals.
- 3. Place a cherry half in the center of each; top with sprinkles if desired. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 each: 65 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 57mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Cherry Blossom Cookie
"Love these cookies!! You can vary the colors, and use gumdrops or colored candy melts for the centers so they fit any occasion"