Cherry-Berry Streusel Pie Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 7 to 8 tablespoons cold water
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Place the flour, sugar and salt in a food processor; cover and pulse until blended. Add butter; cover and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. While processing, gradually add water until dough forms a ball.
- Divide dough in half so that one portion is slightly larger than the other; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out larger portion of dough to fit a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate; trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate. Combine the filling ingredients; spoon into crust. Sprinkle with dry cake mix, pecans and coconut. Drizzle with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry to a 13-inch circle; cut into strips for a lattice top. While creating the lattice top, twist the pastry strips for a decorative effect. Seal and flute edges of pie.
- Brush lattice top with milk; sprinkle with sugar. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 375° for 55-65 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cherry-Berry Streusel Pie(13)
Sort By :
Prettiest cherry pie I have ever seen.
cake mix? i do not think so.
I'd Like A Big Slice Now!One suggestion, Though. I Don't Use Cake Mixes So What Is The Replacement? The Ingredients For Yellow Cake?thanks
I am sure the pie tastes great but I would like to know how you think winning a ribbon for a pie where the filling comes mostly from a can, is a great thing. Maybe actually try making the cherry pie filling from scratch.
This was really good and twisting the lattice strips really made for a pretty top - my pies usually don't come out quite so nice looking. I was a little nervous about the streusel with the crust over the top, but actually, it was really good. I did find the raspberries a little overpowering though - I might use blueberries to make this again. I also made the cherry filling myself instead of using canned.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Cherry Pie Recipes >
- Cherry Pie Recipes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Homemade Pie Crust >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Desserts >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Desserts >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Pie Baking >
- Pie Crust Recipes >
- Pie Crust Recipes with Butter >