- until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out larger portion of dough to fit
- a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate; trim
- pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate. Combine the filling
- ingredients; spoon into crust. Sprinkle with dry cake mix, pecans
- and coconut. Drizzle with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry to a 13-inch circle; cut into strips for a
- lattice top. While creating the lattice top, twist the pastry strips
- for a decorative effect. Seal and flute edges of pie.
- Brush lattice top with milk; sprinkle with sugar. Cover edges loosely
- with foil. Bake at 375° for 55-65 minutes or until crust is
- golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 769 calories, 38 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 659 mg sodium, 103 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.