Cherry-Berry Streusel Pie Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 7 to 8 tablespoons cold water
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1. Place the flour, sugar and salt in a food processor; cover and pulse until blended. Add butter; cover and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. While processing, gradually add water until dough forms a ball.
- 2. Divide dough in half so that one portion is slightly larger than the other; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- 3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out larger portion of dough to fit a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate; trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate. Combine the filling ingredients; spoon into crust. Sprinkle with dry cake mix, pecans and coconut. Drizzle with butter.
- 4. Roll out remaining pastry to a 13-inch circle; cut into strips for a lattice top. While creating the lattice top, twist the pastry strips for a decorative effect. Seal and flute edges of pie.
- 5. Brush lattice top with milk; sprinkle with sugar. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 375° for 55-65 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 769 calories, 38g fat (21g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 659mg sodium, 103g carbohydrate (59g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Cherry-Berry Streusel Pie
"Prettiest cherry pie I have ever seen."
"I'd Like A Big Slice Now!One suggestion, Though. I Don't Use Cake Mixes So What Is The Replacement? The Ingredients For Yellow Cake?thanks"
"This was really good and twisting the lattice strips really made for a pretty top - my pies usually don't come out quite so nice looking. I was a little nervous about the streusel with the crust over the top, but actually, it was really good. I did find the raspberries a little overpowering though - I might use blueberries to make this again. I also made the cherry filling myself instead of using canned."
"LOVE this pie! 5 stars all the way - every part of this recipe is perfect! Super yummy and really pretty to look at too. :) FABULOUS!!!"
"Made this for 4th of July celebration... sooo good! Didn't change a thing, recipe was perfectly wonderfully delicious!!! Husbands new favorite :)"
"#1 .. you can LOOK at the pie crust and see how it is made .. #2 at the bottom of the recipe it has a LINK for HOT-TO make a flower pie crust."
"Hi stormyw.You can learn how to make the top crust here:http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/How-To-Cook/How-to-Make-a-Flower-Pie-Crust"
"how do you make the top crust?"
"your magazine referred me to your website. I was hoping to see a video on how to make the pretty pie top. Help"
"This is the best cherry pie. I used canned cherry pie filling, as the recipe stated, but my pie turned out too juicy. I'm wondering what to do to make the filling thicker next time."
"YOU HAVE NO DIRECTIONS FOR THE FLOWER TOP ON THE PIE. UNDOUBTEDLY CONFUSED WITH ANOTHER RECIPE."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.