- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 7 to 8 tablespoons cold water
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Place the flour, sugar and salt in a food processor; cover and pulse until blended. Add butter; cover and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. While processing, gradually add water until dough forms a ball.
- Divide dough in half so that one portion is slightly larger than the other; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out larger portion of dough to fit a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate; trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate. Combine the filling ingredients; spoon into crust. Sprinkle with dry cake mix, pecans and coconut. Drizzle with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry to a 13-inch circle; cut into strips for a lattice top. While creating the lattice top, twist the pastry strips for a decorative effect. Seal and flute edges of pie.
- Brush lattice top with milk; sprinkle with sugar. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 375° for 55-65 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cherry-Berry Streusel Pie
"Prettiest cherry pie I have ever seen."
"I'd Like A Big Slice Now!One suggestion, Though. I Don't Use Cake Mixes So What Is The Replacement? The Ingredients For Yellow Cake?thanks"
"This was really good and twisting the lattice strips really made for a pretty top - my pies usually don't come out quite so nice looking. I was a little nervous about the streusel with the crust over the top, but actually, it was really good. I did find the raspberries a little overpowering though - I might use blueberries to make this again. I also made the cherry filling myself instead of using canned."
"LOVE this pie! 5 stars all the way - every part of this recipe is perfect! Super yummy and really pretty to look at too. :) FABULOUS!!!"
"Made this for 4th of July celebration... sooo good! Didn't change a thing, recipe was perfectly wonderfully delicious!!! Husbands new favorite :)"
"#1 .. you can LOOK at the pie crust and see how it is made .. #2 at the bottom of the recipe it has a LINK for HOT-TO make a flower pie crust."
"Hi stormyw.You can learn how to make the top crust here:http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/How-To-Cook/How-to-Make-a-Flower-Pie-Crust"
"how do you make the top crust?"
"your magazine referred me to your website. I was hoping to see a video on how to make the pretty pie top. Help"
"This is the best cherry pie. I used canned cherry pie filling, as the recipe stated, but my pie turned out too juicy. I'm wondering what to do to make the filling thicker next time."