Cherry Berry Pie
"Every time I bake this dessert a neighbor shared with me, folks rave about it," enthuses Wanda Van Voorhis of Plain City, Ohio. "I'm always looking for new treats to serve my husband and daughter. This one's definitely a keeper."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + standing Bake: 35 min.
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen pitted tart cherries, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, tapioca and salt. Add the
- cherries, raspberries and lemon juice; gently toss to coat. Let
- stand for 15 minutes.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry. Trim to 1 in. beyond edge
- of pie plate. Pour filling into crust; dot with butter. Roll out
- remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute high
- Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown
- and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 457 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 253 mg sodium,