Cherry-Berry Fruit Pie Recipe
- 2 cups fresh tart cherries, pitted
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Dash salt
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
- 2. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust; trim pastry even with edge. Fill with fruit mixture and dot with butter. Make a lattice crust with remaining pastry. Trim, seal and flute edges. Beat egg and water; brush over lattice top.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 45-55 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cover edges with foil during the last 20 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 402 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Cherry-Berry Fruit Pie
"This pie was absolutely delicious! I could not find fresh pitted cherries so I used canned pitted cherries and it was still fantastic! I was afraid it would be fairly runny as it is a juicy pie but it actually had just about the perfect amount of juiciness to it. I did not use a frozen rolled pastry dough but used the Betty Crocker mix to make the dough and it came out just fine."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.